Ellia's Big Girl Room

Tuesday 10 June 2014

I am finally sharing Ellia's big girl room that Mercedes and I designed and have been working on for so long. Last week it was featured on Mini Style Blog, we were so excited!! Since moving into our new home last year, I knew that I wanted to give Ellia an updated "big girl room" that still incorporated some of the elements from her first nursery. I fell in love with the 4 poster bed that hubs found on Kijiji and painted it white. Ellia's room is really centered around this bed, with the whimsical canopy we made out of silk and dried vines and flowers. We are currently using it as a daybed for reading and playing, and adore having it in there as a place to gather and sit.
All of the walls in our home are white, I love how bright and airy it feels. For Ellia's room, we decided to put up some wall decals in pink and gold for a pop of colour and contrast. I made the unicorn for Ellia when I found out I was having a girl and she has been a focal point in both her rooms.  I also made the banner and the marquee sign painting was a special project Mercedes did for Ellia's 1st birthday back in October.
The gallery wall is such a fun part of the room. I made a few prints and collected some as well. We also incorporated some vintage keys and a mirror, a few of my Instagram prints, and a faux antler wreath. The RIBBA picture ledges from Ikea make perfect book shelves, I really like displaying them with the covers showing. 

Mercedes and I wanted the room to have a modern day secret garden feel, while portraying our love for imagination and art!
  

Crib: Oeuf Sparrow
4 poster bed, dresser, chair: Vintage/Thrifted
Triangle decals: http://www.uwdecals.com/
Cross Blanket: http://spearmintlove.com/
Rug, white duvet, lamp: Target
Mushroom stool, crate, pillows: Home Sense, Chapter's 
Washable paper bag to hold bows: http://www.uashmama.ca/
Unicorn wall mount, banner, crib pillows, marquee sign: Made by us, www.darlinganddaisy.com
                                             Skirt: Bobo Choses from Louis B Boutique


1 comment:

  1. You two are such inspiration!! Ellia's room is beyond what i'd imagine for a toddler, and a great capture of your creativity! In love with this beautiful room! <3

    ReplyDelete

glitter & the girls. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.