it's a breeze

Sunday 22 December 2013

So this may be a little random, since you know I haven't blogged in forever. I have made the decision to not book any new clients or anymore weddings at this time for 2014. It has been very difficult saying no, but it is time to focus on my family, friends,  my home and myself for a little while. The new year is all about a fresh start and I am hoping to take advantage of that. I want to start blogging more, and taking photos of my family. I want to start the gallery wall in our entrance way I have been talking about for 6 months. I want to take Ellia to play groups, gymnastics and swimming lessons. I do not want to be stressed out, thinking about my work and all of the people waiting for their photos and feeling bad for taking longer than usual to get their DVD and proofing gallery to them. I don't want to be thinking about who I have to email back in my sleep or while I am playing with Ellia in her little plastic house. This past year and a half has been pure craziness and it is time for me to slow down so I don't start to hate doing what I love so much. It's a big decsions, and I will still be shooting of course, but things will be different. I also have some other ideas I have been toying around with, and I am really looking forward to the new year oh so much!

On another note, this is a long overdue post. Before we moved, we got the absolutely amazing breeze playard from 4moms. Not only did we fall in love with the stylish and sleek black look, but it really is just that, a breeze. We also have a Graco playard, as well as one at my parents house, and I still have trouble opening and closing that thing. Ellia has been walking since 10 months, and decided at that time that she no longer wanted to 'play' in the playard, but we still use it on a weekly basis. Our friends put their baby's to sleep in it when they come over for dinner and drinks, or if they sleep over. When we were waiting for our new home to be finished, we stayed at my parents for a couple of weeks and Ellia slept in that thing and it was perfect!! Not only does the mattress seem more comfy than most, it is defnitely larger and taking it up and down everyday and packing it away into it's neat little bag made everything so much easier.

This past weekend, Ellia, my best friend Katie and I decided to take a trip to Toronto to visit my sister. She lives in an absolutely gorgeous, and small  not so big condo. I packed up the breeze in it's fancy little bag, thew it in the back of Katie's car, and off we went. It is not very heavy and so easy to carry. Ellia slept and napped no problem in it for both nights! 

Overall, I would highly recommend the breeze for anyone looking for a playyard! It currently lives in our spare bedroom but I can't wait to bring it down when we have our next baby and try out the bassinet option too!


Ellia's first time in the breeze...she was so little!
The breeze,  in our spare bedroom. matches perfectly with the blue and white theme ;)
Oh and it totally matches our mamaRoo! 

If you haven't had a chance to check out how breezy the breeze really is, you can check it out here.

xoxo Nat

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Mama, it's hard taking a step back but the most important thing is to spend time with family...they're all we got! :) Hope you get your gallery wall done, can't wait to see pictures!

    PS- the Breeze sounds like a dream and it's pretty chic too! We never used play yards but I'm definitely keeping this in mind whenever we have baby #2! :)

    HAPPIEST OF HOLIDAYS GIRL!!!
    xo
    Megan
    IG: megawat
    Hello Newlywed Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for more time with your darling baby girl and family!! Megan's right, they're all we got!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

    XO, Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one so bad!!!! Good for you, taking some more time for yourself:) maybe a few more visits to Cali? Dying to meet little miss!

    ReplyDelete

glitter & the girls. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.